Besides the obvious benefits of having free hands to hang the washing, do the dishes or make a meal while wearing your baby, did you know…you get:
– emotional security in attachment through mutual regulation of heart beats, breathing and body temperatures
– necessary movement your baby requires to develop the vestibular and nervous system
– keeping baby close means your breast milk supply can stay strong
– keeping baby close means you can respond to their signals before they start crying. This allows for a more empowered and relaxed parent as they get to know their child’s unique needs.
– your baby can fall asleep anywhere and anytime
other benefits are in my second book about natural parenting- The Modern Day Mother, Babies and Sleep from Womb to One.